Workshop overhauls and repairs:
In our 1200 square meter workshop, that is well equipped with all the necessary tools and machinery to recondition, overhaul and repair any component of a main- or auxiliary marine engine, our team of mechanic and electrical engineers is ready 24/7.
Our mechanical workshop accommodates two overhead cranes with 10 tons lifting capacity each.
And recently we established a workshop, dedicated to electrical repairs and testing and calibrating of electrical components.
Our workshops are equipped to carry out following works:
• Reconditioning and honing of cylinder liners with bore diameters of 100 mm till 1000 mm.
• Ultra-sonic cleaning of parts weighing up to 10,000 kg, 4.0 x 1.5 x 1.5 meters.
• Reconditioning of all kinds of connecting rods.
• Overhaul of air coolers.
• Overhaul of lubrication oil coolers.
• Reconditioning of fuel pumps and injectors for 2- and 4-stroke engines.
• Overhaul and reconditioning of governors.
• Reconditioning of all kinds of crankshafts and camshafts.
• Testing, calibration and modification of diesel engine- and control instruments.
• Maintenance and repair services to marine offshore and power plants
• All kind of steel works/pipe lines.
Scroll to the process
''Overhauls from before to after''
Cylinder covers overhaul
Cylinder cover will be opened and all valves, guides and seats will be removed. Starting air valve and indicator cock will be dismantled and overhauled. Covers will be chemically and/or ultrasonically cleaned. All parts will be tested and measurements will be reported.
All covers will be fitted with new and/or overhauled parts. Covers will be pressure tested and painted.
Additional machining works will be carried out if needed.
Connecting rods overhaul
Connecting rods will be photographed and reported at arrival.
Big end boring will be tightened and measured. Connecting rods will be inspected on visual errors.
Small end bearing will be measured and landing surface of lower and upper part will be inspected.
If needed, we will machine the connecting rod and re-bore back to standard size.
Big end bore will be shot peened and connecting rod will be reassembled with new bolts and studs.
Piston will be photographed at arrival, piston crown will be dismantled from skirt.
Piston will be ultrasonic cleaned. Landing surfaces will be inspected on fretting.
Piston skirt will be measured. Piston ring grooves will be measured.
Piston crown top will be magnaflux on cracks.
If needed, piston crown and piston skirt will be minimum high point skimmed.
Mounting and tightening with new O rings and bolts